Five Criteria for Testing Religious Faith
- Does it offer complete and full forgiveness of my sins, guaranteed?
- Does it offer the power to change me from what I am to what I ought to be?
- Does it give me the ability to have a relationship with the God who created me?
- Does it allow me to have an increasing sense of joy and peace in my life regardless of circumstances?
- Does it have the power to ensure that I go to heaven when I die?
True Christianity – personal relationship with Jesus Christ made possible by the grace of God. For by grace are you brought into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. (grace is God doing something for us even when we don’t deserve it)
- recognize God as your Creator Revelation 4:11
- understand that He desires a relationship with you John 15:12
- grasp how you have fallen short of God’s perfect standard, fully acknowledge your sin. Romans 3:23
- God has provided the solution through the sacrifice of Christ John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 1:3-4
- Christ offers eternal life to any who truly seek forgiveness and accept His gift of life
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Jesus please forgive me of my sins, I accept your gift of eternal life, I am trusting in what you have done for me and I invite you into my life to make me new. I will follow you not to earn your favor but because I have your favor.
Advice for Life in 2022
Handout for Sermon January 2, 2022
Summary of the Sermon on the Mount
Matthew 5:3 – 7:27
- Enjoy the beauty of the Lord
- Be willing to pay the price for that godly purity which is so beautiful
- See the inherent value in every person and encourage them toward the Lord
- Live a life that is worthy of persecution
- Take the Word of God seriously, every word is important
- Divorce – stick with your commitments until you have no choice, don’t ever be the reason why someone else has no choice
- Let your word be your bond, be a person of integrity
- Do the unexpected, love your enemies, live to be a grace dispenser not a retaliator
- Serve God from the heart and seek His reward and not the reward of men
- Pray for God’s name to be honored, His will accomplished and your needs met.
- Invest everything you are and have with eternity in view
- Be merciful, discerning and humble when judging other people
- Keep asking, keep seeking and keep knocking for the will of God to be fulfilled
- The majority will take the wide, easy road, be a true believer, take the narrow, right one.
- You always have a choice but you don’t control the consequences of your choices, make good choices
- Build your life upon the rock of obedience to the Word of God and you will overcome whatever life throws at you.
Have faith that God desires for you to have wonderful feelings that you will not understand until you receive them through your obedience.
Have faith that God desires for you to become something you cannot now comprehend and as a result accomplish things beyond what you have ever imagined.